Weekend Recap

Monday, November 30, 2015

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving break and got to enjoy time with your family and friends! We had a pretty fun weekend doing just that. 

Friday we had planned on taking maternity pictures. The weather called for rain...all day. Boy, did it ever. I was so bummed about it being rainy but decided that if I wanted maternity pictures done, I was going to have to improvise. Luckily I had a great photographer to guide us and make the photos great anyway! Here's a few of my favorites. (Excuse the frizzy hair...ugh, humidity.)
The rain really was not our friend that day, but I love how they turned out anyway :)
After we we're finished with our shoot, it only made sense to make a stop by Starbucks and get hot chocolate and go home and get into our cozy jammies! Also, how cute is this shirt?? Blake's grandma got it for me and it's my favorite :)
That night, we had game night with my family! We taught Blake how to play a really old domino game called "42". I grew up sitting in my great grandmas lap watching my family play this game, so it was super fun to be able to teach Blake how to play! 
 My Grandma was helping Blake since it was his first time playing, they both had a blast! (& they won!)



Saturday morning started off pretty slow. We took our time waking up and getting ready for they day. There was lots of snuggles on the couch!
My dad wanted to take us out to lunch at this cute little restaurant called Bebos. It's out in the middle of nowhere and surprisingly so yummy! They are known for their burgers but their catfish is SO good! They whole place is decorated with vintage decor and lots of Elvis stuff! So fun!
We decided to venture out to McKinney for their Home for the Holidays event. It was so much fun! What's better than walking around and sipping on hot chocolate while Christmas music plays?? There's only a few things I can think of...
Downtown McKinney is full of cute little shops! This particular weekend they had a little shop full of different mini trains set up. My dad, brother and Blake enjoyed it!
















Of course we had to take our picture with the pretty tree! It was so much fun getting to do Christmas-y stuff with my family since we will be missing out on a lot this year because I can't travel.

Sunday morning we enjoyed going to our Church back home and then went to lunch with Blake's grandparents! Shortly after that we loaded up the car and headed back to ATX! Road trips with this guy are fun, even when the drive that would normally take you 3 1/2 hours takes you 6! (Thanks traffic!)

That's all for our weekend! We are looking forward to our Dr. Appointment today and we are hoping that our little guy stays still long enough to get a few good pictures. We will see :) 

Have a happy Monday & make it a great one!

Linking up with this lady!

6 comments :

  1. Your maternity pictures turned out great! Boo for the rain though!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much! The rain was definitely a downer, but we pushed through it! :)

      Delete
  2. I lived in Texas for years and I don't think I've ever been to McKinney! I had no idea they had a cute little downtown area!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally need to go! It is the cutest little town. My hubs and I love it there :)

      Delete
  3. You're photos turned out so beautifully and what a sweet, sweet name! I'm also loving that tee- such a good gift. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much! You are too sweet! We love the meaning behind the name as well :) Your blog is adorable!

      Delete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs