Friday Favorites

Friday, November 13, 2015



Woohoo! It's Friday! As usual, I'm linking up with Narci, Andrea, and Erika for Friday Favorites! 


So every Monday, a Mexican restaurant here in Austin called Texican Cafe has .99 cent tacos! A couple of friends invited Blake and I to go last Monday and we were surprisingly impressed! Back in Denton, we would do Taco Tuesday at Rosa's every Tuesday. The closest Rosa's to us is probably 25 minutes away so we are so excited for our new favorite, Taco Mondays! We enjoy the yummy food and the good company too :) 


Judah's nursery is slowly becoming my favorite room in our home. I am loving how it's coming together! I had mentioned to Blake's aunt that all we really needed now was shelving and I wasn't sure what to use. She mentioned using spice racks from Ikea and just painting them to match his nursery. So we went to Ikea on Monday and snagged us up some spice racks, painted them, and hung them in his room! I love how they turned out! 
Ikea hacks, for the win :)

Books are my favorite! I love reading and have always loved reading. I'm a huge encourager for reading to kiddos and teaching them the importance of it! I was so excited when I found out that at my shower this past weekend, they asked the guests to bring a book instead of a card! Judah only had 1 book before this shower (besides some of my books from when I was younger) that he could pick up and hold and learn to love too. My sweet friend, Caroline, brought some books that were hers when she was little to give to Judah! How sweet is that, y'all?? I cried. 
They are old and worn and my favorite! I got a kick out of reading through them and seeing scribbles of things she had written when she was little. Especially this one where she wrote all of her sisters names and her mom and dad, then crossed one of her sisters names off! How funny?? This is definitely one of my favorite gifts that Judah has gotten so far. I love how personal and thoughtful it was :)

If you know me at all, you know that I'm a planner! I would love to have every second of every day planned out perfectly, but life happens and most of the time, plans change :) I recently found a blog planner that is my favorite! Ruth over at Living Well Spending Less created this lovely planner and she thought of everything you can imagine! I am loving it so far! I haven't had much time to really get it all put together yet but it's coming along. 





The weather is finally cooling down & we are loving it! Most days we turn the air off, open all the windows and enjoy the cool fall air :) I'm supposed to be doing a lot of walking to prepare my body for labor, so we do lots of walking around Target and the mall! Since the weather is getting nicer, I have a feeling we will do more walking around outside. We did yesterday and we enjoyed it so much. Plus, walking and talking with Blake is my favorite :)

I have to share this yummy Apple Crumble Crisp recipe with y'all! Make it this weekend or for Thanksgiving. I promise you won't regret it :) 
Here's what you'll need for the crumb topping:

1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup plain oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
sprinkle of salt
1/3 cup unsalted butter, cut into small chunks(super important!)

For the filling:
4 large Granny Smith apples (peeled and sliced pretty thin)
3 Tbsp butter, melted
2 Tbsp flour
1 Tbsp lemon juice
3 Tbsp milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
sprinkle of salt
a little extra cinnamon to sprinkle on top

Lets get to cooking! 

First, preheat oven to 375.

In a medium size bowl combine the crumb topping ingredients with a fork until it starts forming small crumbs. It should look something like this :)
Pop it in the fridge while you start mixing the filling.

For the Filling: In a small bowl, combine melted butter and flour until blended then add lemon juice, milk and vanilla, stir well. Add in brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. 

Pour the mixture over the apples and toss until the apples are well coated. It should look about like this. 
Pour the apple mixture into a baking dish(make sure it's all even) and sprinkle the crumb topping over the apples. (Try to resist stealing a bite right then!)

Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Allow it to cool for at least 5 minutes before serving. 
Tastes great with a side of Vanilla Bluebell :) 

This recipe is so yummy and will leave your house smelling like fall. Y'all give it a try and let me know how it turns out! 

Happy Friday, friends! Have the best weekend :)




1 comment :

  1. Love your nursery! I am now craving tacos & apple crisp :)

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs