Weekend Recap

Monday, November 23, 2015

Happy Monday, friends! This is me this Monday...except I'm in a slightly less chic outfit (leggings & a tunic, no makeup, & fuzzy socks) but the coffee is totally correct. 

We had a pretty lazy weekend over here at The Kelchs! We are taking in all the "us" time and rest we can before our sweet boy gets here! 

My Friday started off with a big bowl of Fruity Pebbles, because sometimes you just need a big bowl of unhealthy, colorful cereal. 
I let Blake sleep in a bit because he didn't have to work Friday! So once he was up and moving around, we got out and ran a few errands and enjoyed some Chipotle.
Later that night, we went over to our friends house to help them decorate their tree and have a game night! They said to dress comfy, so of course we wore our Christmas jammies!
We attempted to play Scene It?  but all of the movies ended up being pretty old so we played some really  fun card games!! It was such a fun night :)
Saturday morning coffee in my Christmas jammies. So cozy!
Saturday was the first really cold day we have had and I was so anxious to get outside! (I know, I'm crazy) I can't reach my feet these days...how sweet is this guy for helping me put on shoes on?? A simple gesture but it means so much to this preggo that can't reach her feet! We headed out to go to my favorite place, Target, and Blake's favorite place, Guitar Center.  
He could spend all day in here, y'all. I don't mind because how handsome does he look with that guitar?? I'm one lucky girl...

We had to make a pit stop by Chickfila because I was so thirsty! Then I realized that they had their peppermint shake back and got that instead...oops. Also, when they accidentally give you a large, you don't complain. Yum!
Then we just killed more time and walked around this little shopping center near us, in the cold, because we are crazy. ha! In case you couldn't tell, I really love the cold. I told Blake that I should be Elsa...because the cold never bothered me anyway. That might have been all the sugar from the peppermint milkshake talking...haha.
We spent the rest of the night at home, Blake made dinner and we watched lots of football. 
Sunday we woke up and went to church!
 
Pastor preached such a good message on "Remembering the Taste". It was all about remembering the taste of God's goodness and grace through the tough times in your life and being thankful in those times. I was weepy so many times throughout his sermon just remembering what The Lord has brought me through in my life and being so thankful for where he has brought me to today! I have so much to be thankful for this year and I can't think about it without the tears flowing. God is so good, y'all! 
We ate lunch and then took a good 'ole Sunday nap all while dinner cooked in the crockpot. We watched the music awards and had lots of snuggles! (Carrie was my favorite, because duh.

That was our weekend! We have a short week ahead of us before we head back home for to spend Thanksgiving with our families. Be looking out for a little baby update tomorrow and have a wonderful Monday! 

Also, I'm linking up with this lady today!


2 comments :

  1. I'm not a huge fan of award shows in general, but Carrie Underwood was so good! And I love the idea of a tree decorating/game night party, especially in PJ's- such a fun night! Pretty sure my fave card game is still Cards Against Humanity haha. Sounds like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm rather jealous about your Chipotle and Chick-Fil-A, I haven't tried either but they are high up there on my USA Bucket List lol. We've been playing a lot of boardgames lately too, our favourite has become Trivial Pursuit Steal!

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs