Show & Tell Tuesday : A Day in the Life

Tuesday, November 3, 2015



Hey y'all! Happy November!
 Today I'm linking up with Andrea for Show and Tell Tuesday! This week is "A Day in the Life". 


I thought, what better day to do "A Day in the Life" than on Halloween?? So I documented our whole Saturday with pictures. How fun!

After I woke up and took a shower, I started on washing some dishes. I knew that I would be cooking quite a bit that day so I needed to start fresh with a clean kitchen! 

Blake had a lunch with the band from church up in North Austin (we live very south-west) so he had to leave a little early to make it there on time. So I made myself a smoothie and did my quiet time. 

Then I dried/folded some clothes and washed some sheets, what joy. 

Later, I took a little break and heated up my leftovers from Olive Garden the night before and watched some Food Network, because duh.

I sent the hubs out for some last minute ingredients for the pasta salad & pumpkin cookies I was making for that night. He sent me this text and I immediately got so nervous that the stores were ALREADY out of pure pumpkin! I always forget to stock up on it once the holidays start because it goes so fast! Luckily, he found it :)

The hubs finally made it back home and I started to get ready. My hair is naturally curly, so blow-drying it and straightening it is such a chore. It takes me a good while. So Blake started boiling the pasta for me so it could have some time to cool :)

I finally got finished with my hair/makeup and started on making the pasta salad & cookies! All while wearing my pumpkin socks, of course :)

I mixed up the 1 can of pumpkin with 1 box of spice cake mix, added in some mini chocolate chips, and started baking the cookies! (350 for 12 minutes, so easy, y'all!) While they baked, I worked on the pasta salad. 

Once we were finished with the cooking, we had a little time to kill before heading to our friends house for the night so we decided to Face Time my parents! They had been out shopping for Judah all day so we got to see some of the cute stuff they got him :) 

Then we headed to our friends house for the night! With goodies, of course :)

They had a table set up in their driveway that we sat at and gave candy to the trick-or-treaters! It was a beautiful night so we even enjoyed eating outside. But first, we had to go trick-or-treating ourselves! I guess technically, their boys trick-or-treated and we just followed and enjoyed the weather :)
We also played Halloweengo! My friend, Jaci, found this fun little game to play while the trick-or-treaters came by! It's just like bingo, you just cross off whichever Halloween costumes you see! We all got pretty competitive, and of course, Blake won! 

We headed home later that night and it hit me that this was our last Halloween as just "us two"! We snuggled into bed and watched some Netflix and enjoyed our last Halloween before Judah gets here. Next year will look so different, and we are SO excited for it! Even though Judah won't be able to eat the candy next year, we can still take him trick-or-treating right?? Momma & Daddy need candy too... :) 
I love this goofy guy :)

That's it for my super exciting "A Day in the Life"! 

Have the best day :)





















3 comments :

  1. What a sweet day! Next year will be so fun with a baby, too!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day to document! Your food goodies look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Just listed your blog & I love some of your favorite Holiday picks! Espeically the candles! #givemeallthecandles :)

      Delete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs