Show & Tell Tuesday : Christmas Decor

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Woohoo, it's my favorite Show & Tell Tuesday so far! I'm linking up with Andrea and today is all about Christmas decor, and when it comes to Christmas time, this is me, then entire month of December...
I'm pretty sure I'm Buddy the Elf. 

First I'll share my super gaudy pink Christmas tree :) I've had this since I was probably a freshman in high school. I love this tree! Bless my sweet husbands heart for letting me still put this tree up every year! This tree sits in our dining room and has cute little food themed ornaments scattered about like donuts, ice cream cones and candies! It also has lots of girly ornaments as well as some cookie cutter ones too! Last year we put a chefs hat on top of the tree to top it off, but it somehow got lost in the move! Such a bummer :( 

Now for our traditional tree. I shared a funny story about our tree last year in a previous blog post here. I promise you will get a good laugh out of it :) Anyway, we love our tree now! Blake and I (mostly Blake) made all of our ornaments! Besides a few that were gifts or homemade from when we were little! That little tree is one that my brother made whenever he was little! I love having homemade ornaments on the tree! 

Now, this is probably my favorite decoration of them all. I think it's because it reminds me of my momma's house at Christmas time :) It adds so much to our cute little apartment and I just love it! My momma and I made it last year, and it's a decoration I look forward to putting up every year!
Now a few little decorations around the house :)
Cute chalkboard that my hubs did! 
The only present under the tree so far! Blake stood out in the cold and pouring rain to get this for me on Black Friday. He asks me if I want to open it everyday and everyday I tell him no! (He is not good at keeping gifts from me & I actually like to be surprised!) 
Love these cute little reindeer pillows! 
One of my favorite corners of the kitchen :)
This little nativity scene is so old and was a gift to me from someone in my families old church whenever I was so young that I hardly even remember getting it! It was all handmade and painted in Israel and they brought it back for me! I remember putting it our every year as a child and being told the story of Jesus's birth. I can't wait to share this tradition with Judah! 

In our house, we had a fireplace with a mantle and the majority of my decor was put up around the mantle. We don't have a fireplace or mantle in our apartment so I had to change up what I would have normally done with all of this decor! I think I like the way it turned out, but I might try something different next year :)
This side is still missing some garland & lights, but we have been too busy to think about getting more!

I love everything about Christmas time! The twinkling lights, family time, red and green glitter e v e r y t h i n g, the music, I could go on forever! It's important that we remember the true meaning of this magical holiday, that is Jesus! Here is a quote from a Christmas Bible study I've been doing. 

"Being born isn’t what made Him a King. The Prince of Peace made Himself low, taking on flesh to be Immanuel, "God with us." The Maker became the Messiah. The Lion became the Lamb. The King of all became small to rescue His children and bring them home."

It's so important that we don't get so caught up in all the other good things that this season brings and that we remember the best gift of all this Christmas season. 

Merry (early) Christmas, y'all!







13 comments :

  1. Everything is so cozy and sweet! And I just love those little pillows. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That nativity scene is beautiful - what a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely something I'll treasure forever! Thank you :)

      Delete
  3. I love it all!! Your Christmas trees are gorgeous. My husband keeps trying to give me one of my Christmas presents early, too and I have to tell him no, I'll wait and open it on Christmas Day LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! One day I'll have a tree in every room :) I think men are just bad about that! They just can't wait to surprise us! Haha

      Delete
  4. Love your sweet decorations! Especially your kitchen, you added so many little details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your decor and the coffee bar too! I am like you - I LOVE being surprised (with good surprises at least) and my husband can't keep secrets very well either - HA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your decorations. Especially the pink tree!

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs