Weekend Recap | Surprise Anniversary Trip Edition

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Blake and I celebrated 2 years of being married on Sunday and he surprised me with a little anniversary trip! 
Sidenote: All glory to God for these past 2 years of marriage. He has been WAY too good to us and has taught us so much. These past 2 years have been fun, challenging, sweet, and have been 2 of the best years of my life. We are by no means perfect, but are sitting under a cloud of grace from our Father and each other and strive to please Him daily. Thank you Jesus for good, good, gifts. 
So, Saturday Blake told me to pack a light bag for myself and Judah because he had a surprise planned for us. I obliged (obviously) and I was SO excited. If you follow me on snapchat (ElishaKelch) or if you know Blake, then you know he always spoils surprises and gives gifts early. I love to be surprised so I was shocked when he didn't give this surprise away! (He gave me my gifts early, a new Kendra Scott necklace and an LA Dodgers hat!) 
We headed out Sunday after church and we ended up at the Omni Hotel in Downtown Dallas! I had mentioned that I wanted to stay there sometime for a "special occasion" and Blake remembered. I was so excited! He booked the nicest room I have ever seen and I was swooning over all the windows and pretty views of Downtown Dallas. Oh, and the chocolate covered strawberries and sparkling cider (we don't drink) waiting on us when we got to our room!
#10pointsforBlake
Blake's grandparents watched Judah for us so we could have an evening to ourselves.
 I. Did. Not. Know. What. To. Do. With. Myself. 

We had dinner plans but other than that we just got to rest. It was so nice to get to actually sit down with Blake and watch a movie with no interruptions and be able to take my time getting ready for dinner, not having to pack a diaper bag, etc. 

We got ready and headed out to Hopdoddy Burger Bar for dinner. Love my handsome guy :)
The garlic parmesan truffle fries were SO good and so was the stout chocolate shake. YUM!!
We headed back to the hotel and got our comfy clothes on and decided we missed Judah too much so we threw on the complimentary slippers and went and got our baby!
Judah also turned 8 months old on Sunday so we joked that we were celebrating his 8 month birthday at the Omni...spoiled rotten! 
We ordered room service, hello yummy cookies. #myweakness
& then we got some much needed sleep! Woke up in the prettiest hotel room(that view!!) and got ready for a day of grilling out and swimming with family! 
Before heading out we had to stop by and take a picture with the BIG letters! 
Our boy is getting so BIG and God has BIG plans for Blake and I in this next year(or 100 years) of marriage! So thankful for these guys and I love doing life with them! 

2 comments :

  1. So sweet that he planned this getaway! Sounds like you had such a great time! Happy anniversary and best wishes for another wonderful year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet anniversary trip!! That looks like so much fun! Hopdoddy is one of our favorites too. :) Happy (late) Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs