Show & Tell Tuesday | Hometown Edition

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Today I'm linking up with Andrea and we are talking all about our Hometowns! I never know what to say when people ask me "Where are you from??". I always have 3 answers...

My first answer is always Cushing, TX. An extremely small town in east Texas. The population is somewhere around 608, and there is one blinking stoplight in town. Pretty  much the only thing Cushing is known for is the small, but very yummy, cafe in downtown called 7th Street.

I lived in Cushing from the time I was born until I was about 6. #checkouthosecurls

I have a lot of memories of playing on my Grandparents land there, feeding the chickens, horses, cows and goats, waking up to the rooster crowing on the front porch every morning (no, I'm not kidding), and so much more. My whole family lived there, aunts, uncles, grandparents, and siblings. A lot of my family has moved, mostly to the Dallas area, and others close by. I still have a few siblings that live close to Cushing, my grandpa still lives there, and my Aunt does too. We visit often.

My second answer is always, Lake Dallas. When I was around 6 years old, my family moved to the Dallas area, Lake Dallas to be more specific. This is where I grew up and where I have the majority of my memories. The population there is somewhere around 7,000+. This was a BIG change from the small town we were use to! We grew to love it. This is what I consider my real hometown!!


This is where I made so many memories, all mostly good! I had the time of my life in high school here. My high school experience was one of the best. Sure, there were awkward times, but I really did have so much fun!

I made some of the best friends here. We don't all keep in touch anymore, but I have some of the best memories of my life growing up with them!


Some of my very best friends still live in my hometown! #imissyouguys


Lake Dallas is a football town. It's huge and the whole town comes to the games.

I spent my Friday nights at the games too, in my white boots and sparkly skirt.

I was on the dance/drill team all throughout high school. My life pretty much revolved around dance all 4 years. It was much like a sisterhood! When I think of my hometown so many memories from those 4 years come to mind.



I also found an incredible church family here. God blessed me so much with all the people there that mentored me, held me accountable, and taught me. We still, to this day, miss them all dearly, but love where God has called us to now! #pleasedontmakefunofmysunglasses #iwas17


My hometown is also where I met and fell in love with this handsome guy!


It's where we got engaged.


Where we got married.


Where we lived in our very first house together.


And where we started our family.


Now, my third (and sometimes first) answer is Austin, TX. This is where we are planting our roots.


This is the first time we have lived our own, away from family.


Where my belly grew BIG! #okayikindamissit


Our first baby was born here!


This is where The Lord has called us and where we feel like we will be for a long, long time. It's crazy to me to think that this is where our sweet baby will say that is his hometown. I hope he loves it just as much as we do!


I had so much fun sharing my hometown(s) with you guys! Have a happy Tuesday, y'all! :)






2 comments :

  1. All of these towns sound like such great places! I've always wanted to live in a football town where the whole town goes to the games!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your town looks so cute! So fun to have so many great memories there! :)

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs